Social Injustice: Responding with Compassion in Truth
Social injustice and bigotry…How do we know what’s true and what to do? Compassion without Truth only gives short term, self-centered facades posing as solutions with long-term destruction. We as Christians have to be alert to practice compassion that fully aligns with God’s Truth! His Word is always our foundation and first priority to find the answers to our personal, cultural and social problems.
What I’m going to share will likely ruffle some feathers but I pray and ask that you test it against the Truths of God’s Word and how we are to respond in all things, regardless of where we are politically. I pray The Lord will use it to call His people to action that aligns with His Word!
“I hold that the Federal Government was never, in its essence, anything but an anti-slavery government. Abolish slavery tomorrow, and not a sentence or syllable of the Constitution need be altered. It was purposely so framed as to give no claim, no sanction to the claim of property in man. If in its origin slavery had any relation to the government, it was only as the scaffolding to the magnificent structure, to be removed as soon as the building was completed.” Frederick Douglass
Booker T. Washington, Frederick Douglass and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., all sought to change our culture by seeking to uphold the Constitution and our laws because they knew they were right and just!
Black Lives must matter…the “Black Lives Matter” (BLM) movement must not if we are to survive, continue to grow and live in freedom, and strive for love, equality and unity in this country!
Maybe for the first time in world history, a potential revolution has formed from the top-down rather than the bottom-up. So, influencers in education, entertainment, corporate CEOs, socialist attorneys who disdain Rule of Law, and power-hungry politicians in both parties toe the line to support what amounts to a militia of non-thinkers—people being used as violent players to advance a globalist agenda disguised as mending social injustice and racial inequality.
“The group’s radical Marxist agenda would supplant the basic building block of society — the family — with the state and destroy the economic system that has lifted more people from poverty than any other. Black lives, and all lives, would be harmed,” columnists Mike Gonzalez and Andrew Olivastro.
Here are statements from the BLM Movement website that reveals the deeper agenda beyond racial equality and social justice (for a full article on this go here)…
We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead. We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.
We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered. . . . We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work. We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another. (Bold mine and added)
While this platform is focused on domestic policies, we know that patriarchy, exploitative capitalism, militarism, and white supremacy know no borders. We stand in solidarity with our international family against the ravages of global capitalism and anti-Black racism, human-made climate change, war, and exploitation.
Look at the fruit of this movement (actually comprised of several socialist groups that desire to destroy our country and make it socialist or communist):
1) Latch onto emotional issues to stir frenzy and out of control passion, calling it compassion but disregarding Truth and Order
2) Facts don’t matter to mobs – look at the lives lost and destruction of property in the lootings, riots and anarchy – but they continue and are encouraged by those (media, education, politicians, entertainment, corporate and other) with the same agenda, wrongly using their position
3) Mobs can’t be appeased – it’s about their agenda, not what’s truly right
4) Mobs apply pressure to bring surrender – their agenda is power and control
5) People then respond in cowardice rather than coming together in Truth for what is right – the original issue…unity and overcoming bigotry and injustice!
Truth is compromised in the name of compassion, which means it is false compassion. This leads to destruction and death just as we’ve seen. Is that what we desire? Even more so, are we called to act on compassion apart from Truth knowing what it leads to? Are we called to just go along?
Christ followers must be able and willing to discern and courageously provide the only alternative that will bring real justice in love and compassion rooted in Truth!
Remember Paul would write this under direction of Holy Spirit…Galatians 6:7-9 because it is our natural tendency to want to rationalize and justify what feels or looks good immediately in our flesh without looking to the long term fruit. Then when it shows up we defend the deception…but God is not mocked…so we end up blaming Him or wrongly calling it Truth when the fruit clearly shows otherwise!
The BLM Movement goes beyond fighting for racial equality and social justice to attack the foundations in Genesis 1:27; 2:24-25; Matthew 19:4-6. In God’s design there are only two genders – male and female. The reason for this is the union of one man/one woman in the committed covenant relationship for life in marriage. This is also the only safe and blessed context for sexual activity. The attacks serve to break down every foundation rooted in these truths and the currency of Christ’s Kingdom, i.e., loving relationships ultimately rooted in marriage, family and His Church!
The following seven core concepts will go a long way to help us understand, discuss and resolve prejudice and social injustices without falling for radical agendas. The concepts begin here…If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone…Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:18, 21
- Humility is key – begin by knowing who you are and how you’ve helped or hurt – Romans 12:3…knowing who you are allows you to live out God’s will with others
- Relationships require trust to build and/or restore – must be willing to risk – 1 Corinthians 13:7…love bears, believes, hopes and endures everything.
- Offer respect and be willing to accept even if you disagree – 1 Corinthians 13:5… love does not act badly, is not self-seeking, not easily angered, doesn’t keep score.
- Seek to understand others and their circumstances before seeking to be understood (or even attempting to defend yourself at all)… Seek first to understand and then to be understood, or maybe simply just to understand – Proverbs 4:7
- To love we must understand which means to show empathy and a willingness to recognize different experiences and perceptions based on those experiences – Jesus put on our humanity (our flesh) and experienced all that we do in order to take our place. He calls us to love as He did! John 1:14; 13:34
- Be willing to listen and learn from and about others rather than judge based on your own experiences and biases – James 1:19-20…But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.
- Loving relationships require us to treat all others as equals and choose to place others above self – there is no love when people are treated as unwanted, cast off or cast aside. We must value others, listen to them and acknowledge them for who they are and what they’ve experienced…
If we’re not taking great care to be in relationship with Christ…The Way, The Truth and the Life, according to His Word, then we run a great risk of acting in false compassion, building pseudo relationships and doing things in His Name that actually are works of evil and sin and that tear down His Church and Kingdom…and may ultimately cost us Eternity! We may be doing a lot of what we think are good works in Jesus’ name but are completely missing His Truth and salvation.
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’” Matthew 7:21-23
So, we must make sure that we are in His Word and know His Truth so we can properly live out His Love…not just jump on the emotional, passion or compassion bandwagons, whether in culture or churches, that are void of, or willing to compromise His Truth!
Contact L&L to let us know what you’re thinking and how we can help.
Give online as The Lord leads – https://give.cornerstone.cc/loveandlordship.
Check out @Loveandlordship for “L&L LIVE” every Thursday at 3:30pm on our Facebook page. Also you can find videos and podcasts at www.loveandlorship.com.
Make it a great day and God bless in Christ!
Love and Lordship…Food for Thought – We must love according to God’s Word and Christ’s example in Truth and compassion or we risk a false compassion void of Truth that ultimately destroys. We must speak the Truth in Love.
Love and Lordship…Action Item(s) – Be intentional to connect with, listen to and build at least one relationship with someone outside your “comfort zone,” especially someone of a different skin color than yours. This is not a one-time action but a lifetime action.